Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sleep

It's Wash, everyone!

Some curiosities about my condition, that baffle even me:

With the past few days my sleep schedule has been all over the place. I had an ideal day where I got eight hours of solid REM and I only needed one short nap 5-6 hours later. Then I'm up until 3AM, becoming functional again at 2 in the afternoon. One day I crashed at 10 PM, then awoke at 4AM.

Additionally the dreams seem more vivid, to where I can recall pieces and images from them hours or even days past having them. The Jury's out on whether that's a good thing or not.

And on the topic of sleep, Tashi is slumbering to gather all of her will and effort to battling off insurance once again. Especially after some huge efforts to raising funds for us this preceding week. Her stress over the last few days has taken its toll on her.

I love her, and I thank all of you that donated.

Dream sweetly, Tashi.

And thank you to the rest of you,
Wash

1 comment:

  1. Your neuro-oncologist would, of course, know this for sure, but in your last MRI of June 1st ............ (in which it also showed that you have some blood vessels *growing back*, too) ............ I just wonder whether that "new-again" blood flow, in your brain, might possibly have something to do with the vivid nature, (and lengthened recall), of your dreams ............ particularly as your new blood vessel growth "re-establishes" itself in your brain, and all.

    One thing (in your postoperative cognition) that has remained constant, though, is your deep, unwavering love for Tashi, Wash ............ (and she for you, too) ............ which is, as a profound understatement, just ............ *meltingly beautiful*, you know.

    ReplyDelete