Friday, November 4, 2011

Metronome of the Heart

Wednesday was not a very good day. Wash had a bad night; a lot of short term memory issues. He grew very confused, which made him mad - and that mostly came out at me.
He spent a good hour literally yelling at me while I tried to get him to calm down.
I had taken him out for a quick errand but had reminded him that as he was not feeling well and not thinking clearly he needed to stay next to me or hold my hand while we were out. It was really simple, that was the only way I could keep him safe and watch him while we went out.
He... did not like that. Tried to wander off a few times.

He was so confused when we got home, he was angry and upset, but he could not say why. He knew there were things he could not remember, but he was having such a hard time with words, it mostly just came out as anger and rage.
He was FINE, it was just all my FAULT. How can I not see this? He's suffering, but he's is just FINE no he doesn't need help. The whole world is out to get to him... and so on. For an hour.

He finally calmed down. We had a talk and I did my best to comfort him.

I was hoping for some good news this week, but it will not come. I just have to wait the bad shit out.

1 comment:

  1. This does not sound like your Wash. Any way to get him in for some kind of, I don't know, mental health assessment?

    ReplyDelete