Monday, July 9, 2012

Margins

My mum came over for about 30 mins this morning to watch Wash while I got to take a shower.
So far, that's the best part of my day.

I discovered when he used the bathroom last, he locked Aelphie in it- and the one with no food/water/litter box. So, the new $10/each rugs I had to buy to replace the ones Wash accidently covered with his human pee and poop, one was now covered in CAT pee and poop.
I'm attempting to clean it, hopefully it will, before I just throw away another rug. [I gotta have something in there so he doesn't slip!]

While I was doing that, I heard a large THUD and a metal clanging, so I ran upstairs;
Wash was crying and apologizing, saying all the lights in our bedroom did not work, so he wanted to check the breaker box, but when he opened it he couldn't remember what he was doing! And, thus, the tears.
I had him sit downstairs and I took a look- no power outage, he just did not flip the light switch/panel "on". He forgot how to turn lights on from a switch.

That's the kinda day I'm looking at. I have P. the caregiver coming this afternoon- my mum has said she's going to take me to a movie, let my head clear a little bit.

So. Day by day.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Tashi, I can't imagine what you are going through.

    As for the rugs, scrap off what you can, run them through the rinse cycle once, then wash in hot water with laundry soap and a cup of baking soda. Rinse twice. Then bleach your washer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tashi, I'm so sorry. That has got to be so painful to see this happening to Wash every day. My heart breaks for you two.

    Another suggestion for the rugs; cat pee is a royal pain in the a@@ to get out! After you wash them, spray them down with white vinegar. Use it full strength and do NOT rinse it out. Sure your bathroom may smell a bit "vinegary" but it keeps your kitty from going back to the rug. (White vinegar is cheap and the smell isn't as strong as the other vinegar varieties)

    ReplyDelete
  3. day by day ... dang that sucks. Sad to hear about the bad day, hope those rugs came clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom had gbm if you need support, I am here. I follow you on twitter. My username is defragmeout.

    ReplyDelete